Compact & Connected Patterns of Development: References
1. ResilientCity, “Urban Design Principles,” http://www.resilientcity.org/index.cfm?id=11928, viewed October 22, 2015.
2. Luis M. A. Bettencourt, “The Kind of Problem a City Is: New Perspectives on the Nature of Cities from Complex Systems Theory,” in Dietmar Offenhuber and Carlo Ratti, Decoding the City: How Big Data Can Change Urbanism (Berlin: De Gruyter, 2014), 168–79.
3. Patrick M. Condon, Seven Rules for Sustainable Communities (Washington, DC: Island Press, 2010).
4. Ibid.; Zboral, Sustainable Cities.
5. ResilientCity, “Urban Design Principles.”
6. Sustainable Cities Institute, “Sustainable Strategies,” http://www.sustainablecitiesinstitute.org/topics/land-use-and
7. Matthew Carmona et al., Public Places, Urban Spaces (Burlington, MA: Elsevier, 2010).
8. Zboral, Sustainable Cities.
9. Michael Mandel, Connections as a Tool for Growth: Evidence from the LinkedIn Economic Graph (Mountain View, CA: LinkedIn Corporation, November 2014).