Centers of Well-being: References
1. World Health Organization, Health Indicators of Sustainable Cities in the Context of the Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development. Initial Findings from a WHO Expert Consultation, 17–18 May 2012 (Geneva: 2012).
2. Scott Cloutier, Lincoln Larson, and Jenna Jambeck, “Are Sustainable Cities ‘Happy’ Cities? Associations Between Sustainable Development and Human Well-being in Urban Areas of the United States,” Environment, Development and Sustainability 16, no. 3 (2014): 633–47.
3. Danish Architecture Centre & Cities, “Beijing: Exercise Opportunities for All,” January 21, 2014, http://www.dac.dk/en/dac-cities/sustainable-cities/all-cases/health/beijing-exercise-opportunities-for-all/.
4. Fábio Veras Soares, Rafael Perez Ribas, and Rafael Guerreiro Osório, “Evaluating the Impact of Brazil’s Bolsa Familia: Cash Transfer Programs in Comparative Perspective,” Latin American Research Review 45, no. 2 (2010).
5. United Nations Economic and Social Council, Commission on the Status of Women, Economic Empowerment of Women. Report of the Secretary General (New York: November 28, 2011).
6. Joel Rogers and Satya Rhodes-Conway, Cities at Work: Progressive Local Policies to Rebuild the Middle Class. Report Summary (Washington, DC: Center for American Progress Action Fund, February 2014).
7. Veras Soares, Perez Ribas, and Guerreiro Osório, “Evaluating the Impact of Brazil’s Bolsa Familia.”